Our company is located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and operates under two trading names:
- Miller Technical Communications, and
- Miller’s Safety Manuals
We provide Engineering, Regulatory, Emergency Response, Environment, Health, and Safety technical writing services to oil/gas and pipeline companies operating in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, as well as the Canadian arctic and internationally (i.e., USA, Peru, Algeria).
Our technical writing experience (30+ years) includes researching, developing, formatting, editing and updating corporate policies, standards, codes of practice, operating procedures, manuals, and handbooks, as well as training guides and orientation booklets. We provide all supporting forms, reports, and flow charts in MS Word with form fields or conversion to PDF forms for data entry and transmission.
Business Goals and Mission Statement
- To provide quality and regulatory compliant standards, codes, practices, procedures, and work site rules to our oil/gas and pipeline clients!
- To provide quality documents and deliver top notch customer service to match our client’s technical writing requirements!
- To provide their documentation and forms – on time! on budget!
Our Business Successes
Recognized by our oilfield clients for our expertise in preparing:
- Engineering Standards, Codes, Practices, and Procedures
- Pressure Equipment Integrity Management Manuals
- Environment, Health, and Safety Documentation, Manuals, and Field Handbooks
- Regulatory Compliance Manuals i.e., measurement, inspections, accounting
- Emergency Response Management Plans, ICS Forms, and TableTop Exercises
- Supporting forms and reports in hard copy or digital/PDF format
- PDF/Excel/PowerPoint conversions to MS Word for manual development
- Documentation for use on laptops/notebooks and iPads
- Gained a reputation of honesty and integrity for developing quality documentation for our clients. We keep our word! Meet our deadlines! Our clients trust us!
- Received repeat business from clients and have had many referrals.
- Provided technical writing services to senior management prior to stakeholder review of new policies, standards, or reportable incidents. This includes ensuring documents are current with regulatory requirements, corporate standards/practices, and industry best practices.
- Provided input on creating document control systems for oil/gas and pipeline companies that was based on current technical writing standards and advanced PDF techniques.